Employment Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions related to Joining and Termination
Your attention is specifically drawn to the points listed herein below, regarding your emoluments, etc.:
1.a. Salary reviews and re-fitments will always be subject to the schedules as may be implemented by the Company from time to time.
1.b. Encashment of leave, notice pay, etc., computations will be on the basis of basic pay.
1.c. Please note that the salary structure of the Company may be altered / modified at any time without prior notice and your package of remuneration and other terms may accordingly be altered / modified from time to time, Further, salary, allowances and all other payments/benefits will be governed by the Company’s rules as well as statutory provisions in force from time to time and subject to deduction of appropriate taxes at source.
1.d. Your remuneration package is strictly confidential between you and the Company and should not be discussed with any one nor divulged to anyone in any manner whatsoever.
2.a. Employment with the Company will stand terminated at the end of the six months contract completion signed beforehand and re-employment is considered based on Company’s sole discretion. Termination of employment may also be initiated earlier by either party by serving prior written notice on the other, as per the notice period stipulated in this offer. The Company is also entitled to either waive the notice period in part or in full at its sole discretion or require payment of equivalent base salary in lieu of the unserved notice period. The Company further reserves the right to terminate with sooner effect by tendering equivalent base salary in lieu of the notice period.
2.b. In the event of termination of services by either party, the applicable notice period will be one month, failing which, you may be required to compensate the company, the amount of compensation being commensurate to the criticality of the situation, decided by the company.
2.c. In the event of your serving on the company a notice of termination of employment by submitting a resignation letter, your release will be governed by the General Terms and Conditions of Employment in force at that point in time, subject to the satisfactory handing over of your duties, responsibilities, Company documents, Company assets, etc. to the relevant parties.
3. The company reserves the right to carry out reference verifications or background checks prior to your joining the company or during the course of your employment with us. Such background checks and reference verifications, amongst others, would include past employment and salary (this will include your immediate employer prior to joining us), criminal records, countries resided in or worked in etc. The company reserves the right to carry out banned/illegal drugs/narcotics substance screening tests on you at any point of time during your tenure. You understand and acknowledge that this is a requirement and you have no objections whatsoever if such checks, banned/illegal drugs/narcotics substance screening tests and verifications are carried out by the company or a third party agency engaged by the company. Arising out of such verification or check or otherwise, if it is detected that the information furnished by you in your application is misstated or is unstated or documents submitted by you are not correct or banned/illegal drugs/narcotics substance screening test results are positive, the company shall, at its sole discretion be entitled to forthwith terminate and/ or revoke your appointment with the company, without further reference in the matter. In addition to the Company’s right to carry out the above verifications, you shall fill in and sign the Criminal Disclosure Declaration, in the attached form. In the event you have been accused, charged and/or convicted for any criminal offence, at any time whether prior or subsequent to your joining the company, you shall make full disclo of same and furnish all necessary documents in support thereof. In the event you have been accused, charged and/ or convicted for any criminal offence your joining shall be subject to specific written confirmation from the Company. The company at it sole discretion reserves the right to terminate your employment or take appropriate disciplinary action against you or revoke this offer letter. In the event of suppression of any facts, the Company shall be entitled to take such other action at any time as it may deem fit
4.a) During your employment with the Company, you will, at all times, observe secrecy in respect of any technical, trade or business data, business model , work ethics, location of business content developed, project information, source information , customers’ names/business details or any other information that might come to your knowledge or possession, which according to the Company are necessarily confidential and form valuable property of the Company. You shall not disclose nor cause the disclosure of any such data in any manner whatsoever. You will also be responsible for protection and furtherance of the Company’s best interests at all times, including after you cease to be on the Company’s rolls. In addition, in the event of your leaving the Company’s services, you are expected not to take up employment or enter into any type of business/commercial association with any of the Company’s clients or their associates, for a period of two years from the date of cessation of employment. You have to safeguard Notespaedia and its customers Intellectual Property Rights and confidential information even after termination of your employment or business relationship with Notespaedia
4.b All software, systems, ideas, concept, designs, documentation, contents or any other material produced by the employee during the period of his / her assignment will either be Intellectual Property of Notespaedia or that of its Customers. The employee will not have any rights to such material described as above.
4.c During your employment with the company you will comply with the provisions of the Information Security Policies and Procedures of Notespaedia all times and which shall extend beyond the normal working hours, whether inside or outside the office premises. You will also classify & manage all data under your control & ownership as per company’s policies. Non-conformation with the Information security policies & procedures, copying software & other proprietary material in use & non-compliance with various legal & contractual requirements pertaining to protection of personal data will be viewed very seriously and will attract strict disciplinary action as per the disciplinary procedures of Notespaedia accompanying legal actions if necessary.
5. Your services will be liable for transfer to any of our project locations, divisions, departments, etc. or for deputation to any organization. In the event of such a transfer/deputation, details of the terms and conditions including modifications if any in your emoluments, etc. will be communicated to you at an appropriate time. In addition to the specific stipulations as may be applicable to you from time to time depending on your assignment/location, you will continue to be governed by the terms and conditions of your employment in India at all times, unless specified otherwise in writing. In addition, in the event of you being posted overseas, you will be required to sign appropriate documents such as Service Agreements and fulfill the requirements specified there.
6. You are required by the Company rules not to undertake any employment or enter into any other type of association, even on part-time basis whether for any consideration or not. Contravention of this will lead to termination of your services from the Company without any notice, with no liability on the part of the Company for payment of any compensation in lieu of such notice. Further, this contravention will be deemed as voluntary termination/ resignation by you of your services without the required notice having been given.
7. The working hours applicable to you will be the same as are observed depending upon your place of work and as amended from time to time. Further, you should be prepared to work on any shift, as may be warranted by the Company’s/Client’s work requirements.
8.Employees may be required to work in shifts or on holidays and weekends depending on the nature of the project. Such employees shall be eligible for allowance as detailed in the Policy on Shift Allowance in India. This allowance be paid through monthly payroll and shall be subject to deduction of Income Tax at source.
9. You are entitled to 15 working days’ total leave inclusive of casual and sick leave in each leave year, in addition to the public holidays published by the Company, to be taken at such times as agreed with the Company. The leave year runs from 1″ April 2021 to 31″ March 2022 and leave can be carried forward from one leave year. Leave will accrue monthly at the rate of 1.25 days for each complete month worked.
10. You will be governed by the Company’s rules and regulations (and practices) as enforced from time to time on matters whether specified herein or not, including on matters such as designation, emoluments and the structure thereof, working hours etc. Company’s decisions on all such matters shall be final and binding on you.
11. You will be required to submit certain set of documents, at the time of reporting for duties and hence you are advised to come prepared accordingly, without fail. Please note that the Company reserves the right not to accept you into the rolls or after such acceptance, to discharge you from the rolls, in case you do not fullfill the requirements as specified in the checklist, particularly submission of documents in proof of your qualification, experience and previous salary.