The NBEMS has released the NEET PG 2023 information bulletin
On 26 November 2021, WHO designated the variant B.1.1.529 a variant of concern, named Omicron, on the advice of WHO’s Technical Advisory Group on Virus Evolution (TAG-VE). This decision was based on the evidence presented to the TAG-VE that Omicron has several mutations that may have an impact on how it behaves, for example, on how easily it spreads or the severity of illness it causes. Here is a summary of what is currently known.
Current knowledge about Omicron
Researchers in South Africa and around the world are conducting studies to better understand many aspects of Omicron and will continue to share the findings of these studies as they become available.
Transmissibility: It is not yet clear whether Omicron is more transmissible (e.g., more easily spread from person to person) compared to other variants, including Delta. The number of people testing positive has risen in areas of South Africa affected by this variant, but epidemiologic studies are underway to understand if it is because of Omicron or other factors.
Severity of disease: It is not yet clear whether infection with Omicron causes more severe disease compared to infections with other variants, including Delta. Preliminary data suggests that there are increasing rates of hospitalization in South Africa, but this may be due to increasing overall numbers of people becoming infected, rather than a result of specific infection with Omicron. There is currently no information to suggest that symptoms associated with Omicron are different from those from other variants. Initial reported infections were among university students—younger individuals who tend to have more mild disease—but understanding the level of severity of the Omicron variant will take days to several weeks. All variants of COVID-19, including the Delta variant that is dominant worldwide, can cause severe disease or death, in particular for the most vulnerable people, and thus prevention is always key.
Effectiveness of prior SARS-CoV-2 infection
Preliminary evidence suggests there may be an increased risk of reinfection with Omicron (ie, people who have previously had COVID-19 could become reinfected more easily with Omicron), as compared to other variants of concern, but information is limited. More information on this will become available in the coming days and weeks.
Effectiveness of vaccines: WHO is working with technical partners to understand the potential impact of this variant on our existing countermeasures, including vaccines. Vaccines remain critical to reducing severe disease and death, including against the dominant circulating variant, Delta. Current vaccines remain effective against severe disease and death.
Effectiveness of current tests: The widely used PCR tests continue to detect infection, including infection with Omicron, as we have seen with other variants as well. Studies are ongoing to determine whether there is any impact on other types of tests, including rapid antigen detection tests.
Effectiveness of current treatments: Corticosteroids and IL6 Receptor Blockers will still be effective for managing patients with severe COVID-19. Other treatments will be assessed to see if they are still as effective given the changes to parts of the virus in the Omicron variant.
At the present time, WHO is coordinating with a large number of researchers around the world to better understand Omicron. Studies currently underway or underway shortly include assessments of transmissibility, severity of infection (including symptoms), performance of vaccines and diagnostic tests, and effectiveness of treatments.
WHO encourages countries to contribute the collection and sharing of hospitalized patient data through the WHO COVID-19 Clinical Data Platform to rapidly describe clinical characteristics and patient outcomes.
More information will emerge in the coming days and weeks. WHO’s TAG-VE will continue to monitor and evaluate the data as it becomes available and assess how mutations in Omicron alter the behaviour of the virus.
Recommended actions for countries
As Omicron has been designated a Variant of Concern, there are several actions WHO recommends countries to undertake, including enhancing surveillance and sequencing of cases; sharing genome sequences on publicly available databases, such as GISAID; reporting initial cases or clusters to WHO; performing field investigations and laboratory assessments to better understand if Omicron has different transmission or disease characteristics, or impacts effectiveness of vaccines, therapeutics, diagnostics or public health and social measures. More detail in the announcement from 26 November.
Countries should continue to implement the effective public health measures to reduce COVID-19 circulation overall, using a risk analysis and science-based approach. They should increase some public health and medical capacities to manage an increase in cases. WHO is providing countries with support and guidance for both readiness and response.
In addition, it is vitally important that inequities in access to COVID-19 vaccines are urgently addressed to ensure that vulnerable groups everywhere, including health workers and older persons, receive their first and second doses, alongside equitable access to treatment and diagnostics.
Recommended actions for people
The most effective steps individuals can take to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus is to keep a physical distance of at least 1 metre from others; wear a well-fitting mask; open windows to improve ventilation; avoid poorly ventilated or crowded spaces; keep hands clean; cough or sneeze into a bent elbow or tissue; and get vaccinated when it’s their turn.
WHO will continue to provide updates as more information becomes available, including following meetings of the TAG-VE. In addition, information will be available on WHO’s digital and social media platforms.
The much awaited NEET PG 2021 admit cards are out and its confirmed the exam will be conducted on September 11th Saturday. Candidates who had registered for this exam can download the admit card from the official website of the National Board of Examinations (NBE). NEET PG 2021 admit cards will be available by logging in to the portal using roll number and other registration details.
THINGS TO BE BROUGHT TO EXAM CENTRE
POST – Medical Ilustrator
JOB PROFILE – FULL TIME
LOCATION – COCHIN
WHO WE ARE – We are the next generation platform that helps medical students and PG aspirants in learning medicine at ease. At Notespaedia we try to concise medical concepts in to visually appealing hand-written notes and diagrams. We have been collaborating with various national faculties like Dr. Rajamahendran and Dr. Dilip Kumar in making their concepts into handwritten notes, we are the official notes partner for Bhatia Egurukul and contributing content developers at PrePG and IRIS NEET PG
Our motto is to help medical students in understanding medicine in the most simplest manner. Join us in this beautiful journey of helping out our fellow medicos in cracking any competitive exam.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Your attention is specifically drawn to the points listed herein below, regarding your emoluments, etc.:
1.a. Salary reviews and re-fitments will always be subject to the schedules as may be implemented by the Company from time to time.
1.b. Encashment of leave, notice pay, etc., computations will be on the basis of basic pay.
1.c. Please note that the salary structure of the Company may be altered / modified at any time without prior notice and your package of remuneration and other terms may accordingly be altered / modified from time to time, Further, salary, allowances and all other payments/benefits will be governed by the Company’s rules as well as statutory provisions in force from time to time and subject to deduction of appropriate taxes at source.
1.d. Your remuneration package is strictly confidential between you and the Company and should not be discussed with any one nor divulged to anyone in any manner whatsoever.
2.a. Employment with the Company will stand terminated at the end of the six months contract completion signed beforehand and re-employment is considered based on Company’s sole discretion. Termination of employment may also be initiated earlier by either party by serving prior written notice on the other, as per the notice period stipulated in this offer. The Company is also entitled to either waive the notice period in part or in full at its sole discretion or require payment of equivalent base salary in lieu of the unserved notice period. The Company further reserves the right to terminate with sooner effect by tendering equivalent base salary in lieu of the notice period.
2.b. In the event of termination of services by either party, the applicable notice period will be one month, failing which, you may be required to compensate the company, the amount of compensation being commensurate to the criticality of the situation, decided by the company.
2.c. In the event of your serving on the company a notice of termination of employment by submitting a resignation letter, your release will be governed by the General Terms and Conditions of Employment in force at that point in time, subject to the satisfactory handing over of your duties, responsibilities, Company documents, Company assets, etc. to the relevant parties.
3. The company reserves the right to carry out reference verifications or background checks prior to your joining the company or during the course of your employment with us. Such background checks and reference verifications, amongst others, would include past employment and salary (this will include your immediate employer prior to joining us), criminal records, countries resided in or worked in etc. The company reserves the right to carry out banned/illegal drugs/narcotics substance screening tests on you at any point of time during your tenure. You understand and acknowledge that this is a requirement and you have no objections whatsoever if such checks, banned/illegal drugs/narcotics substance screening tests and verifications are carried out by the company or a third party agency engaged by the company. Arising out of such verification or check or otherwise, if it is detected that the information furnished by you in your application is misstated or is unstated or documents submitted by you are not correct or banned/illegal drugs/narcotics substance screening test results are positive, the company shall, at its sole discretion be entitled to forthwith terminate and/ or revoke your appointment with the company, without further reference in the matter. In addition to the Company’s right to carry out the above verifications, you shall fill in and sign the Criminal Disclosure Declaration, in the attached form. In the event you have been accused, charged and/or convicted for any criminal offence, at any time whether prior or subsequent to your joining the company, you shall make full disclo of same and furnish all necessary documents in support thereof. In the event you have been accused, charged and/ or convicted for any criminal offence your joining shall be subject to specific written confirmation from the Company. The company at it sole discretion reserves the right to terminate your employment or take appropriate disciplinary action against you or revoke this offer letter. In the event of suppression of any facts, the Company shall be entitled to take such other action at any time as it may deem fit
4.a) During your employment with the Company, you will, at all times, observe secrecy in respect of any technical, trade or business data, business model , work ethics, location of business content developed, project information, source information , customers’ names/business details or any other information that might come to your knowledge or possession, which according to the Company are necessarily confidential and form valuable property of the Company. You shall not disclose nor cause the disclosure of any such data in any manner whatsoever. You will also be responsible for protection and furtherance of the Company’s best interests at all times, including after you cease to be on the Company’s rolls. In addition, in the event of your leaving the Company’s services, you are expected not to take up employment or enter into any type of business/commercial association with any of the Company’s clients or their associates, for a period of two years from the date of cessation of employment. You have to safeguard Notespaedia and its customers Intellectual Property Rights and confidential information even after termination of your employment or business relationship with Notespaedia
4.b All software, systems, ideas, concept, designs, documentation, contents or any other material produced by the employee during the period of his / her assignment will either be Intellectual Property of Notespaedia or that of its Customers. The employee will not have any rights to such material described as above.
4.c During your employment with the company you will comply with the provisions of the Information Security Policies and Procedures of Notespaedia all times and which shall extend beyond the normal working hours, whether inside or outside the office premises. You will also classify & manage all data under your control & ownership as per company’s policies. Non-conformation with the Information security policies & procedures, copying software & other proprietary material in use & non-compliance with various legal & contractual requirements pertaining to protection of personal data will be viewed very seriously and will attract strict disciplinary action as per the disciplinary procedures of Notespaedia accompanying legal actions if necessary.
5. Your services will be liable for transfer to any of our project locations, divisions, departments, etc. or for deputation to any organization. In the event of such a transfer/deputation, details of the terms and conditions including modifications if any in your emoluments, etc. will be communicated to you at an appropriate time. In addition to the specific stipulations as may be applicable to you from time to time depending on your assignment/location, you will continue to be governed by the terms and conditions of your employment in India at all times, unless specified otherwise in writing. In addition, in the event of you being posted overseas, you will be required to sign appropriate documents such as Service Agreements and fulfill the requirements specified there.
6. You are required by the Company rules not to undertake any employment or enter into any other type of association, even on part-time basis whether for any consideration or not. Contravention of this will lead to termination of your services from the Company without any notice, with no liability on the part of the Company for payment of any compensation in lieu of such notice. Further, this contravention will be deemed as voluntary termination/ resignation by you of your services without the required notice having been given.
7. The working hours applicable to you will be the same as are observed depending upon your place of work and as amended from time to time. Further, you should be prepared to work on any shift, as may be warranted by the Company’s/Client’s work requirements.
8.Employees may be required to work in shifts or on holidays and weekends depending on the nature of the project. Such employees shall be eligible for allowance as detailed in the Policy on Shift Allowance in India. This allowance be paid through monthly payroll and shall be subject to deduction of Income Tax at source.
9. You are entitled to 15 working days’ total leave inclusive of casual and sick leave in each leave year, in addition to the public holidays published by the Company, to be taken at such times as agreed with the Company. The leave year runs from 1″ April 2021 to 31″ March 2022 and leave can be carried forward from one leave year. Leave will accrue monthly at the rate of 1.25 days for each complete month worked.
10. You will be governed by the Company’s rules and regulations (and practices) as enforced from time to time on matters whether specified herein or not, including on matters such as designation, emoluments and the structure thereof, working hours etc. Company’s decisions on all such matters shall be final and binding on you.
11. You will be required to submit certain set of documents, at the time of reporting for duties and hence you are advised to come prepared accordingly, without fail. Please note that the Company reserves the right not to accept you into the rolls or after such acceptance, to discharge you from the rolls, in case you do not fullfill the requirements as specified in the checklist, particularly submission of documents in proof of your qualification, experience and previous salary.